BASED IN BRANDON, SUFFOLK IN THE UK, 1602 GROUP OPERATES A 5,000 SQ. FT. FACTORY DEDICATED TO HAND ASSEMBLY OF HIGH QUALITY PROFESSIONAL ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS.
We manufacture a combination of our own products and contract manufacturing for other similar companies. Working on our own wide range of customised products gives us the perspective to be able to think like you.
Outsourcing to 1602 Group gives you the flexibility to have a manufacturing facility in the UK without the overhead. You can drop by and discuss the product or even pick up a few urgent parts. We have engineers on site to help you with turning your design into reality.
We use a combination of sophisticated planning tools and real people with common sense to provide a highly flexible service with consistent results and a competitive price.
TRADITIONAL ASSEMBLY METHODS AND HI-TECH PRODUCTION PROCESSES
- ENGINEERING: All projects start with an engineering review to define best processes and use of materials.
- PROCUREMENT: We have an extensive inventory for common parts and a wide network of suppliers especially with hard to find components. We advise on hardware designs and provide metalwork, woodwork and other services.
- MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
We make extensive use of our MRP-II system and add Bills of Materials for you to give accurate and repeatable performance.
- PCB ASSEMBLY: In house assembly of through hole boards, SMT and flow solder lines managed through our associate operation. We also hand finish hybrid designs.
- HARDWARE ASSEMBLY: Cable assembles, point to point wiring and fitting sub assemblies into cases. Wire stripping and dip tinning, crimping and connector pinning.
- WOODWORKING: Within the same facility we have access to cabinet working from CNC milling to hand carving and high quality finishing in a variety of materials.
- TESTING AND FAULT FINDING: In house engineers can test and fault find anything we manufacture, also design and built custom test equipment from cable testers to simulators.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: With over 40 years of product in the field we are experts at professional technical support.
- INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS: We have been shipping internationally for decades; we can pack and ship the equipment direct to your customer.
DEDICATED TO QUALITY AND ACCURACY WITH THE ADDED FLEXIBILTY OF A SMALL BUSINESS
1602 Group offers a unique combination of traditional assembly skills such as point to point wiring through to the latest BGAs, assembled, programmed and tested. We have thousands of installations in 24 countries, we understand the importance of quality and accuracy.
We are a full service manufacturer, we help with production engineering, procurement of parts, obsolescence planning, tooling design and of course putting the stuff together and making it work, on time and to budget. Everything about our company is geared to a flexible response to our customer, we see ourselves as an extension of your in-house capabilities.
Send us a sales forecast and invoice the customer, we can handle as much of the rest of the process as you wish us to.
More information on Contract Manufacturing from 1602 Group